The All India Federation of Tax Practitioners and ITAT Bar Association, Mumbai, have jointly published a Book titled
“Income Tax Appellate Tribunal – A Fine Balance – Law, Practice, Procedure and Conventions – Frequently Asked Questions”, dedicated to Padma Vibhushan Late Dr. N. A. Palkhivala, Sr. Advocate. A research team of lawyers, chartered accountants and an editing team consisting of Senior Advocates and Advocates who are regularly appearing before the ITAT have made their contributions in this publication. Hon’ble Justice Mr. Dipak Misra, Chief Justice of India, has released the said publication on 2-12-2017 at Jabalpur.
This is a unique publication compiled in a question-answer format explaining the provisions, laws, conventions etc. answering around 406 questions by giving references to relevant case laws on the respective subject.
The publication is divided into 36 Chapters viz., Income tax Appellate Tribunal, including subjects such as:
• Representation before the Appellate Tribunal
• Checklist for filing appeal
• Specimen ground of Appeal, Stay Application and Miscellaneous Application
• Reference to Finance Acts and Circulars explaining the provisions since 1936 to 2017
• Conventions to be followed by the members of the Bar
• Minutes of the Meetings with Hon’ble Presidents and Vice-Presidents and the discussions with respect to various issues faced and the amendments in procedures following such discussions (which will not be available in any of the publications or websites),
• Suggestions made by Registrar of ITAT from time-to-time
• ‘My “Ideal” Tribunal member’ and ‘Is Court Reference is Formality’, by S. E. Dastur, Sr. Advocate
• ‘Principle of good representation before ITAT’, by Dr. K. Shivaram, Sr. Advocate (which contains about how Dr. Palkhivala, who hailed from a humble middle class working family, became one of the greatest lawyer and legends of our country, Persuasive Skill of Mr. R. J. Kolah, High Reputation of Mr. S. P. Mehta, hard work of Mr. D. M. Harish and many more practical tips to achieve success in tax litigation practice)
• Do’s and Don‘ts (Do not argue loudly)
This scholarly publication will be a useful reference for the Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, Tax Practitioners, Departmental representatives, to better understand the law and procedure relating to Appellate Tribunal.
This publication would be an invaluable treasure in the library of tax professionals.
The price of publication is ₹ 1,250/-.
For members, the publication will be available at a discounted price of
1,000/- and others at ₹ 1,050 /-.
Courier charges for the publication will
be ₹ 100/- extra.
Those who desire to purchase the book may contact: Mr. Ravindra Patade, Manager,
All India Federation of Tax Practitioners, 215, Rewa Chambers, 31, New Marine Lines,
Mumbai – 400 020. • Tel. No. 2200 6342 / 49706343 / 2200 6343 • E-mail :